Share This Blog Post

Thursday 30 October 2014

What is creativity? Beautiful insight by young students

What amazing insight children have.  Their views are simple, clear yet insightful, deep.
Their answers are spontaneous and show considered and deliberated responses.

I asked:
* What do you think creativity is?
* What is a creative thinker?
*What does creativity look like?
* What inspires you to come up with original, creative ideas?
* When are you most creative?

Here is a video blending some of their responses together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isWkA7ljW8A



Here are some of the quotes from the 8 - 10 year olds.

"Creativity is when you feel something in your mind that just wants to come alive." (8yr old)

"Expressing your feelings. Putting your mind on a piece of paper and like tryin gto be original and trying to do new things." (8 yr. old)

"Thinking of something original.  The first of something that is thought". (8yr old)

"Creativity is unique original ideas." (10yr. old)

"Creativity can be anything that you want it to be.  It can be cooking.  It can be art." (8 yr. old)

"Creativity can burst out in all different ways.  It's what's inside you.  You can express yourself in a whole lot of different ways." (11 yr. old).

"You do different things.  You don't do boring things." (10 yr old)

"Creativity isn't just about art.  It's about using your imagination." (11 yr. old)

"Creativity to me is an unthinkable bundle of colours and paints." (11 yr. old)

"You make or do something in your mind, in a different and creative way." (12 yr. old)

"In my stories I think really hard and I image it in my brain and I try and show what I see in my brain. (8 yr. old)

"I feel my most creative when I've watched something and I get ideas in my mind and then combine them to make a painting ... or something like that." (8 yr. old).

"I'm most creative when it's quiet and I'm just thinking about what I'm going to do.  Sometimes I just draw and I just feel relaxed.  When we're in class and we have to do a project and present it in different ways I have a lot of creative ideas to share my thoughts with others." (8 yr. old)


What do you think creativity is?

No comments:

Post a Comment